Little Bits of Life

this takes the cake…

The women in my family are so creative, my mom and many of my aunts are excellent cake bakers and decorators. They have made each other's wedding cakes along with one's for my two sister's and a few of my friend's. Truly amazing! I have been so inspired by them and one day hope to be able to be as talented. I have only taken one class on cake decorating, so I've pretty much got the crumb layer down! So I've been re-inspired after attending my sister's wedding in November and seeing the beautiful masterpiece my aunt put together. Then my mom gave me two books that I'm totally thrilled about, and just waiting for the day to be able to use some of the ideas. One is a cookie decorating book, the other is The Whimsicle Bakehouse by Kaye Hansen and Meredith Vieira.

whimsical bakehouse

This barn is super cute! Okay I need a kid to have a birthday soon!

 IMG_6672 nybgbarn2jungle-cake-05

  

As soon as I saw this in the book, I thought wow this looks totally complicated and hard… wrong!! SO easy, the animals/trees/clouds are just melted chocolate poured onto parchment paper with a traced design on it.

All in all, a great book to drool over!

0 Responses