Little Bits of Life

September’s Rhythm

I can’t believe summer is at it’s end. Really this has to be the fastest summer I’ve ever experienced. September is going to be such a full month that I’m sure it will be gone before I know it. Lily started preschool today at Calvary Lutheran, she looked so cute all dressed up for her first day. Jacob was a little put out that he isn’t going to school so I’m in the process of converting one of the desks in the office into a schoolroom area for him, a fun project for sure. Virginia Garrett one of my dearest friends and cousin is starting her freshman year at Concordia University in Milwaukee which is only 3 hours away!!! I’m hoping to make it up there on weekends as often as possible!! I’m also going to be flying out to Seattle this month to visit my best friend Nicole and her hubby Jeff. And Hannah is turning one years old!!! Can you believe it, really this tiny little baby goddaughter of mine is no longer a baby…. toddlerhood here she comes! This is truly going to be a memorable month and a busy one, but I’m really looking forward to it. Certainly going to be a lot to share with everyone. I know Mary posted some pictures of the kids that Ruthie took (http://dapelofamily.blogspot.com) but here are some more, they are just so adorable and are getting so big I thought I’d share them…

  

Day Celebrations

  • 6 Fight Procrastination Day 
  • 7 Labor Day
  • 8 National Date Nut Bread Day
  • 8 World Physical Therapy Day
  • 10 Swap Ideas Day
  • 11 Patriot Day
  • 12 Naional Pet Memorial Day
  • 13 Grandparents Day
  • 17 Citizenship Day
  • 18 National Play-doh Day
  • 19 Rosh Hashanah (Feast of Trumpets)
  • 21 International Banana Festival
  • 21 Feast of Gedaliah
  • 22 Autumnal Equinox
  • 22 Dear Diary Day
  • 22 Dad's Birthday
  • 26 National Good Neighbor Day
  • 28 Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement)
  • 30 National Women's Health and Fitness Day

Month Celebrations

  • World Leukemia/Lymphoma Awareness Month
  • Self-improvement Month
  • National Piano Month
  • College Savings Month
  • National Preparedness Month
  • National Rice Month
1 Response
  1. rachel Says:

    if you have a chance, come for dinner while in seattle... and you can totally bring hannah w/ you, right? lap child? ;)