Little Bits of Life

All In A Day...

So a day living with three children always has the potential to teach me a lot! Let's take today for example... I woke up sometime in the night with this weird lump underneath my covers half asleep i fished around for the possible t-shirt or maybe I had fallen asleep with my journal who knows right?... yeah wet diaper!! Yuck! Definitely a preview to the day. I have learned something valuable after this day. The most trying moments are followed by the some of the sweetest ones.

• Wet Diaper steals my sleep and woke up so groggy (rare and throws my emotions off kilter a little for the entire day! Everything seems so much more dramatic. Thank goodness my God loves me)... but I wake up without a bad dream (also very rare).

• The kids were squirrely and it takes twice as long to get them fed and ready for the day. I'm totally behind already and it's only 9:30am... but found a really cool worship CD my mom had given me but hadn't gotten a chance to exhaust it.

• Hannah's been fighting a 104 fever and sore throat and is teething, such a sad baby. Takes me forever to get her to sleep for her nap... but got to stare out the window for 45 minutes and the day is incredibly beautiful with the wind blowing in the trees.

• Finally 10:00 sat down to breakfast and devos at the kitchen table. Lily and Jacob saw me sit and ran up to me with their devotion book that we've been working through. (The One Year Book of Devotions for Preschoolers, put out by Tyndale Kids Little Blessings. Written by Crystal Bowman) Our daily ritual. They each get to pick one story to read and Jake eats half my fruit and Lily eats half my white egg omelet while they listen. (I've learned to make a little more then usual :D) Today I was so busy reading with the kids I forgot about the food, big mistake... they sure hadn't. No food... but got to watch unbridled curiosity and hear the excitement in their voices as they tried to figure out all that God might be responsible for creating. “What!! He even created the grass!! And the sky!! Wow!”-Lily. (Priceless)

• After devos with the kids I go in to make myself something else I reach for the pan and poor Hannah wakes up after only a 40 minute nap. I scoop her up and try to get her to sleep again. I have to say the saddest thing is watching a tired sick baby cuddle against you desperate to feel normal... my heart couldn't figure out how to not break for her. Finally I gave up and figured i would just hold her all day. Looks like I'm not going to get quiet time this morning... but I have a blast with the new worship CD. Dance party with the kids and building forts! Had a blast. Then I hear this from Lily, “I love dancing and singing for Jesus.” My joy is complete.

• Lunch all around. Hannah won't eat anything and dumps the baby food all over the floor! ....but Jacob said “Don't worry, I get it" finds a towel and does an amazing job of cleaning it up! He is soo helpful!

• Hannah woke up every time I tried to put her down so I had to slow down and sit with her for an 2 hours... it forced me to stop my day and I got my quiet time with the Lord after all. :D

• Hannah woke up after another short nap when Jacob goes yelling and running down the hall. Oh no sad baby all day?!... nope. Fever is gone down tremendously and she's back to her sweet natured self (still no smiling though).

• Then I walk out and the house is completely trashed. There are toys scattered from one end to the other. I did not even know where all the toys came from, half I don't recognize! I think I'm only having 2 children. I go and put a very upset Jacob down for a nap (that was the last thing he wanted to do today). He was sobbing and wouldn't look at me at all, there was no love in the air. I panicked; I'm never going to have time to clean everything up before Mary comes home.... I come back out Lily had cleaned it all up without being asked!!!!! I love her!

• Mary comes home just as I try and cheer Hannah up before Mary sees that her children aren't happy. Mary walks around the hall and Hannah gives her the biggest smile. Then I go wake Jacob up wary of the reaction I was going to get after his meltdown... he wakes up immediately gives me a hug and says “I wuv you Auntie Esther “ before I could say a word to him.

All in all just another day, but a blessed one indeed.
0 Responses