Little Bits of Life

Scribbles #5

If there were no heaven or afterlife what would my life look like? Would I still be as motivated to love God and love people? Would I still be as motivated to share the message that He loves them more then we could ever understand. Don't get me wrong, I totally and completely believe in the afterlife, in heaven and hell. But I know that God could have created just this life and nothing more. It is beautiful that he desires eternity with me and I look forward so much to it. But most of the time I have this underlying feeling that I am waiting for life to begin. Waiting to die that I might truly live. There is no doubt in my mind that I will enjoy heaven more than I will enjoy earth. I know that God has created me for his purposes here on earth and it brings me great joy when I see people's lives change when they realize that God loves them passionately loves them and desires a personal relationship with them. It gives me great joy to feel his love and see his love for me manifesting in me and around me. He is the greatest of my friends, my wisest counselor and the most tender of comforters. My purpose is to love him, to seek his face and to listen to his voice when He speaks to me. That is my reason for living, but I suspect that I would live and love more passionately each day knowing that I only had 100 years tops to spend with him. I know this for sure, that I would still have a growing desire to tell people about Him. When Christ died for me and you, he not only saved us from damnation he saved us for this life, for friendship and a love affair that leaves me breathless and filled with peace. Being at peace with God and forgiven of our sins is for today as much as it is for eternity. Eternity is a gift, we never have to be separated from God again. This week I am going to strive to live as if this time was all I had to love him and spend time with him. He is my desire and my delight. The wind in my sails and the trail beneath my feet.

(Etsy find "Heart Worn Necklace" by TheHeartShop $19)
0 Responses