Little Bits of Life

An Eye On July

Ok, I admit it the title is totally corny but it popped into my head and I can’t seem to shake it out. :D June was a month of discovery! I spent a lot of time doing crafts/projects with the kids both inside and out. May, I felt like I was floundering a little, still trying to discover what I was doing here in Watseka (other than taking care of three adorable children). June I felt like I finally was able to get my feet under me and got a chance to discover some really cool things. Now that July is upon me, I just know that it is going to be such a fun month!! :D A few highlights of June that have enriched my life and solidified the ground beneath me, so to speak, have been…

  • Garden/Patio. The outside is so nice right now: raspberry plants, hanging baskets, flowers, bushes have all been planted and hung. We’ve gotten to eat outside a few times and I looked forward to the many warm summer days we will get to spend out there. It is such a relaxation for me to pull out my guitar, the Word and some tea and spend some time with the Lord after the kids are all in bed.
  • Discovery of Legion Park. A mile away from the house is a beautiful park that i discovered last weekend. It has little trails and tall trees everywhere. I’m absolutely in love with it. The moment I set foot on the grass and stared up at the tall trees, I was stirred within. It was peace to my troubled heart. Praise the Lord! I’m looking forward to many times sitting next to old trees and seeking God.
  • Promises Cafe. A cute and tasty little Christian cafe in town has not only serviced my coffee fix but also provided such a relaxing place to sit and ponder simple but astounding thoughts. I’ve really gotten some great reading time in every Saturday morning.
  • Farmers Market. Saturday mornings are one of my favorite days. The Farmer’s Market here in Watseka has been truly a gift from God. I’ve gotten to buy organic veggies every time I’ve been. It’s so much fun walking around and talking to people.
  • Wednesday Night bible study with some of the ladies from Trinity Church. This group has really been food for my hungering soul and the worship on Sundays at church has quenched my thirst. It has been such a relief to find women of wisdom and beauty to fellowship with and learn from. God has blessed me greatly.
  • Finished reading Dana Chandler’s book Deep Unto Deep. I recommend this book highly. It is full of beautiful insight into the heart of both man and God. More about this to come.

As I’ve been seeking God throughout this last month he has really been teaching me to relax. I have learned that I need this time desperately and I have such a hungering to be surround by beauty. It hasn’t been the easiest lesson to learn and praise God I’m nowhere close to learning it completely. To rest in God, an overwhelming thought indeed. Something that I have been examining is the difference between relaxing and relaxing in God. I find  I am always in need of rest (not necessarily physically though). I feel like I’m going a million miles a minute inside. I find that when I do it on my own, I either get exhausted from fruitless attempts or lazier then a spotted dog, not knowing when to move forward. When I relax in the Lord, in the place of his choosing and according to his time I find beautiful sweet rest. A rest accompanied by peace. What wisdom He has, what beauty is at his fingertips.

A few reasons to celebrate… (besides the list on the right) :D

  • July 1 (1824) Ordination of Charles Finney
  • July 2 (1752) First English Bible printed in America
  • July 11 National Cheer Up the Lonely Day
  • July 15 Gummy Worm Day
  • July 19 National Ice Cream Day
  • July 21-25 National Baby Food Week
  • July 26 Parent's Day
  • July 27 Take Your Pants for a Walk Day
  • July 30 National Cheesecake Day
  • July 31-Aug 1 Moby Dick Week
  • National Grilling Month
  • Social Wellness Month
2 Responses
  1. rachel Says:

    if you need some more excuses to celebrate... layla - july 11, shane - july 12, ME, july 21!


  2. Esther Lee Says:

    How fun Rachel! Definitely worthy of celebrating for sure!! Any special plans?